What do you usually do when you’re too tired from work and you want a nice, warm meal? Our guess would be to buy a pre-packed meal and pop it in the microwave, right?
Cooking things in minutes is what draws us to our regular microwave. But, it does need that tender, loving, cleaning every now and then. If you haven’t cleaned your microwaves in months, read on below to find 3 ways to keep it clean and ready.
A dirty microwave is never an appealing sight. It can also be harmful and inviting to a lot of germs and bacteria that can cause disease. Bacteria loves to thrive in closed, moist spaces just like your dirty microwave oven. So, when you see that there are food splatters sticking to its interiors, it is time to get your gloves on and clean that thing.
Worry no more, because we are here to give you 3 ways on how to keep your microwave clean.
- Wipe out your microwave daily. Yes, DAILY. Include wiping your microwave in your daily tasks such as washing the dishes and cleaning your stovetop. Once you start, this will become a routine and cleaning it will be less tedious.
- Deodorize your microwave. That doesn’t mean spraying a deodorizer inside it. Using simple household ingredients that you can easily find in your cupboards will do the trick. Here are several ways that you can follow:
- Add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to 1 cup of water, then heat it for one minute. Vinegar has a very strong smell — 1 tablespoon is all you need!
- Place a tablespoon of water on a microwave safe plate. Cut a lemon in half and place cut side down on the plate. Heat for one minute. Remove lemons and continue with water heating method above.
- Use a teaspoon of baking soda to the water before heating.
- Add 1 tablespoon of bottled lemon juice to the water before heating if you don't have fresh lemons.
Looking for a way to prevent micowave spills and cleanups? Checkout our Microwave Hover Cover.